Overview of the Assignment
In this lesson, you redesign Jamie Peterson’s resume using a Classical approach.
- Choose a serif typeface with all the elements you need (an italic, pleasing caps and numbers).
- Use the resume_classical HTML/CSS files I’ve set up for you
- Follow the walk-through provided. Read what a typographer looks for in the process.
The rest of this page is NOT up to date and has been removed. (LEF 10/17/17)
Quick Tips & Resources
Here are some resources related to this lesson
- If you’re looking for a pattern for your page background, try Subtle Patterns (a curated site with free patterns — he just asks that you credit him in your HTML or CSS code).
- There are also plenty of “Top 10” lists of places to find background images as well as tutorials on how to make your own background pattern. Google is your friend.
- Testing fonts can be long and painful. I’ve tested hundreds of web fonts already and posted a few good ones at Good Web Fonts. They all work well across browsers and operating systems.